The Puppet is one of Five Nights at Freddy's 2's many antagonists. It is a unique antagonist, considering that for most of the game it is stuck within a music box.
The Puppet has a white face and black, hollow eyes. It also has rosy cheeks, purple lines that extend from the bottom of its eyes to its mouth, and lipstick. It's mouth also gapes open. Its body is stretched with a thin waist and three white buttons going down its chest. It has rounded hands with three fingers each with white stripes on the wrists and ankles, along with a thin pipe for a neck.
The Puppet is contained within the music box found in the Prize Corner. The Puppet will not leave the music box unless the player fails to keep it wound. If the player does not wind the music box the Puppet will emerge and head directly to the Office. At this point, there will be nothing the player can do, as the Puppet will not fall for the Freddy Fazbear Head trick.
The music box is wound remotely by going to CAM 11. As it unwinds a warning sign will appear at the bottom right of the screen. It will then begin to blink as the song gets nearer to its end. When it vanishes completely the player is already too late. When the Puppet attacks it lunges at the player in a manner similar to Foxy's.
- The music that plays from the Puppet's music box is a small section from "My Grandfather's Clock" by Johnny Cash.
- The Puppet is only animatronic who don't have teeth.
- The Puppet cannot leave the Prize Corner as long as the player views CAM 11, but, as soon as they lower the Monitor, it will begin its approach. It is possible for it to attack even while viewing CAM 11 if it has already left the area.
- The Puppet, similar to Foxy, can attack the player even if another animatronic is inside The Office.
- The Puppet is the second animatronic to have a kill screen preceded by music, the first being Freddy Fazbear.
- The only times The Puppet can be seen with white dots in its eye sockets are during its jumpscare and in Night 4's cutscene.
- The Puppet is believed by some to be sentient and sapient as the Phone Guy states that it is "always thinking".
- During the very last frame of The Puppet's jumpscare, its white animatronic eyes seem to be missing. On the same frame, its expression also seems to change, looking somewhat angry. This could either be due to the angle or to an actual change in The Puppet's expression during that event.
- The Puppet will also cause a jump scare in the "Take Cake to the Children" Death Minigame. As soon as the player loses it, the Puppet will lunge at the player, sending the player back to the Main Menu.
- There is a theory that The Puppet put the children into the original animatronics' suits in The Missing Children Incident, as implied by the Death Minigame in Five Nights at Freddy's 2.